Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A question

Here's a question for you people today. Its something that's often on my mind, something I tend to wonder about probably more than I should. The question for the day is, why do we go after people who don't want us? More importantly, why do we let those people hurt us, when they don't want anything to do with us?

I bring this up because it tends to happen a lot. One of my friends use to chase after this guy who had done nothing sweet for her. She would tell us these little things he had done, almost a year ago, and that's why she still loved him. In the end we all knew the real reason she felt the need to get him back. She felt as if she couldn't do any better. Now this friend has a new boyfriend who's sweet, and nice and everything she wished the other guy had been, and she's happy, because she learned to let go.

Now. I used to tell this friend all the bad things this guy had done, to try to help her get over him. Back before I had been hurt by guys, in my blissful innocence. Today though, I realise how stupid that was, and how much it must have hurt to be her. Because today I realised how much I miss him. I know I shouldn't. I mean, why would you miss someone who after three months dumped you on Facebook, and left you for someone who...was your total opposite?

Well now I'll return to the question. WHY? Why do we intentionally hurt ourselves and put ourselves through all the pain for someone who could care less about you? I used to tell my friends that the only people who should matter are the people you matter to. But right now, I'm fighting so hard to matter, to be missed, to be wanted back, by someone who is no good for me anyway.

One day maybe I'll learn. Maybe we'll all learn that we're worth so much better. But right now, my theme song's gonna have to be "Hopelessly Devoted" from GREASE.

No comments:

Post a Comment