Sunday, March 14, 2010

Retreat

So this weekend I had one of the best experiences I'll probably ever be blessed enough to have. Thats right guys, I went to a Lifeteen retreat. I met a lot of people and got close with some people I never thought I'd even talk too. I got to hear some super awesome guitar playing, Listen to some really inspiring people, learn a lot, think I made a difference, and get away to a place where things just seemed better.

One of the best parts about any retreat is Adoration in my opinion, and this one was no exception. There are a lot of "typical" reactions for Adoration. Some people cry, some people laugh uncontrollably, some people faint, the list goes on. I, am a crier. I am so pathetic its not even funny. Saturday night, they brought out the Host, and I curled up in a ball crying. I couldn't even begin to go into why I felt the need to cry so much, but I did. Lucky for me, at this retreat, the awesome people I had met where right there with me, and as cheesy as this sounds, I really felt the love.

A great thing that really distinguishes this retreat from other retreats was the envelopes. On Friday night, after we arrived, we all decorated envelopes with our names, and the leaders hung them up. Over the next day or so, we left each other notes saying how great the person was. No one could read the notes until the very end of the retreat. Let's just say, the little notes made more of a difference to some people than you ever thought they would or could. (Personal plan/idea. Compliment at least three people daily, and say you love them. See the difference you can make!)

Anyways, I don't really know what else to say except that this weekend was the best I've had for a really long time. And...Yea. Thats it for now. Maybe I'll write more about it when I'm not falling asleep =]

Love from hanhan =]

No comments:

Post a Comment