Wednesday, March 31, 2010

blahblah music directors

This is a love note to Musical directors who don't understand that when I say half a step down, I don't mean play around with the entire song:

"Excuse me, could you transpose this half a step down?"

"Oh here, lets try it an octave lower, and then an octave higher!"

"But..."

"SING IT NOW THATS YOUR CUE"

*strangled noises*

Yes, this was my evening. Rehearsal for six hours. Musical run through where the director said she thought the key was too high on my song. I was totally fine with changing it, like, half a step down. In fact, that's exactly what I asked the musical director who's a piano master. But, weirdly, he didn't seem to understand this. After the Vocal instructor asked him to do the same thing, he continued to play it, one octave up, one octave down.

Lets just say, this experience was not...remotely enjoyable.

love from hanhan =]

No comments:

Post a Comment