Monday, March 8, 2010

A goodbye to my jeans, and a strange story.

" I don't know if you can hear me, or if you're even there..."

Butttt...I'm going to tell you about the hole in the butt of my pants anyway! HA! you thought this was going to be serious. Well, guess again guys. So. Somehow, I managed to get a hole in the butt of my amazingly amazing and favourite Old Navy jeans. This makes me sadder than it should. But, because of this hole, I am one sad little puppy.

I don't know why I'm so attached to these jeans. I didn't have them for that long. They aren't super fashionable or expensive. They're just there. They make my butt look good, they aren't too tight, I can bend in them and run, and move comfortably. These jeans have been through a lot with me though, in the 6 months they've been with me.

Let's use these jeans as a metaphor for my life, because thats kind of what they've been. When I first bought these jeans, it was in preporation for a date. They were full of promise, just like the date. The Jeans came with me on the date, which I left with a boyfriend who was everything I could ask for, like the jeans were. The Jeans began to get worn in a little, and fit me in a way that made me happy, like my life at the time.

We all know good things must come to an end though. The Jeans got a hole in the knee. The boyfriend and I started to get weird. I fixed the hole, and the boyfriend and I were fine again. The fit in the jeans got more and more relaxed, and the hole got re-opened. The happy life I had had was a thing of the past. The boyfriend had left me, and Me and my jeans cuddled up on the couch with an oversized sweater, a blanket, and a bowl of icecream.

The Jeans have become my go to for days when I was feeling down. They've been my go to for days when I was going out. And now, when I'm feeling down, the butt rips, and something pokes me. The jeans are literally now a pain in the ass. Funny really. I guess, if I was like that, I would take this as a sign that the journey is over in this part of my life, and I must move on. Well. This chapter isn't over yet. But, goodbye Jeans, you will be missed.

Love from hanhan =]

No comments:

Post a Comment