Monday, March 8, 2010

The fairytale game

When I was little I used to play all sorts of games with myself. I'd go through days pretending to be a character from a fairytale. It was a lot of fun, imagining the happy endings were happening to me. I liked having the certainty that as long as I was pretending to be a princess, a handsome prince would come get me at the end of the day, and I would live happily ever after in his arms.

I still play these games with myself. I try to be perfect some days, and carry myself like I'm worth more than I am, dress in clothes that look good on me, do my hair and makeup. I would like to say that this is how to get princes, just walk around all dolled up, but that would be lying. I get some cars to honk at me, and some looks, but never the prince coming to sweep me off my feet.

Why can't I find a prince? What makes me so different from the fairytales, what makes me different from the other girls? I mean, its not like I've always been looking for a prince. I had one once. So where does one go to find another?

The answer to that question I will gladly share with you once I find it out. Only thing is, right now, I dont have the patience to wait. Because I want my prince now. I'm lonely now. I wish he would hurry up and come. That's not to say he's not out there somehwere, but, handsome prince, if you're reading this, Come find me soon?

Love from hanhan =]

No comments:

Post a Comment