Monday, April 5, 2010

concrete

When I was little and I used to watch TV, or movies, or look at pictures, or read books, or just see a group of people with both male and female beings, I would pair them up, girl/boy couples. I would decide that that's how they would be, and they would fall in love grow up and get married, and that would never change because that's how things were, that what I was taught to believe with all my fairy tales and happily ever afters.

I really kind of wish things and people had this kind if permanent concreteness nowadays, I miss it. A lot . People are together for a day, best friends for an hour, soul mates for a week. Today things just happen, but there is no dedication, no one cares when things get tough, they give up. I'm guilty of this, and so are a lot of other people. It just happens, and suddenly, the concreteness you counted on is gone.

I only bring this up because It's...bothering me. I want things like they were when I was five, when the song Hosanna In the Highest made me think of raisins,and clouds would be great to sleep in, and one day a knight in shining armour would come save me. The days when going into the woods was the most exciting thing because you became a fairy princess, and when you ran around your backyard really fast you were a super hero.

I want things to go back and be simpler. There wasn't a lot of fighting, unless it was with your little brother and his friends, which were being dragons and you had to save your castle. There wasn't drama unless it was on a stage. The saddest part of the day was when your friends went home. The little imaginary world you created for yourself and your friends was the most fantastic and amazing place to be, and it was oh so safe, and concrete. Always changing, but always safely there.

Love from hanhan =]

2 comments:

  1. aww baby this is so sweet<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was sooooo soo cute I love you Hannah!! -Suzy

    ReplyDelete