Thursday, April 22, 2010

Love. ahh. =p

Here's a question. How much should someone sacrifice for love? People say so many different things these days, and I'm utterly confused. My mother tells me not to change myself for someone, but I know for a fact her and my dad changed for each other. What is the balance that makes love?

I've been told that someone should love me for myself. I agree with this statement, because who wants to be someone else? But to make things work, you're supposed to change or adjust yourself to them. What if you were to change for them, and suddenly, lose yourself? You lose yourself in them, get completely and utterly wrapped up in them. And then, when you're so busy trusting and loving them and everything they do, they realize they don't feel the same.

OR

You refuse to change for them. They refuse to change for you. But you both love each other, but you're both miserable but you love each other so its okay that he cracks his knuckles in your ear and drinks a sixpack of beer every weekend, and you like to flirt with guys that aren't him just for fun. These things bother both of you, but you do them any way and are always angry at each other.

Whats the balance we all need? What's the middle group that defines you? What is this thing called love we're looking for? Is the secret to love to completely let go? Because if it is I'm not ready. I'm too scared for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment