Sunday, November 7, 2010

Every so often...

...I like to have discussions with my friends. Today I had one with a friend of mine about personal mottos when it comes to friendships and relationships, and how we were in them. He is a self-proclaimed clinger. He holds on, and tries to make things work out with everyone, no matter how sad it might make him at the time, it makes him happy in the end.

So then he asked what I would consider myself. I'm a runner. A runner away-er. My personal mottos include: "You can get over anyone if you try hard enough!" and "If someone is making you unhappy, and there isn't a workable solution, run away, leave, get out of there. NOW." I'm USED to leaving. As bad as it may sound, I've adjusted early to leaving, due to my military family and how much we moved. Being left wasn't really a big deal, I don't hold that tight to people who leave me.

When I moved to NY, I thought I'd try that holding on thing. It's harder, to be attached to someone, and trust them not to turn on you, or to leave. So I'm still the one running away, leaving, because its safer. No one can leave you, taking your trust with them.

TURNS OUT. I'm a coward...but I'm not changing. The people who hold onto me when i want to leave are the ones that last. And I love them for it. So to everyone who decided to give it another try with me lately, thanks. And to those few people who've held on this long, you're amazing.

love from hanhan :3

No comments:

Post a Comment