Friday, September 24, 2010

introspection and being okay with me.

So recently I've been talking to a close friend of a couple years whose gotten to know me pretty well, and he commented on how mature I was getting and how different I've become, if a positive way. My first response was what it was when I was an extremely over dramatic 13 year old," It's all and act! I'm such a mess! I just want people to see what they want!"

My friend refrained from answering for a while, and while they were thinking, so was I. In the end I retracted the comment. You know why? because I'm happy with myself now. I'm comfortable with who I am, and I'm no longer trying to please people with who I am. As weird as it felt at first, being me is the most comfortable thing I've ever done. People even seem to like me better.

I was thinking about this a little more, and I realized how much I've had to go through to get to this point. I'm not done with the journey, but I'm happier with myself now than I've ever been before, with my image, with my personality, with my friends, with my life. Things aren't always great but I've learned to deal with them. Okay. Thats what I wanted to share.

Love from hanhan :]

No comments:

Post a Comment