Sunday, September 12, 2010

Excuses.

"I've been through a lot, so its alright for me to react by being mean."
"My parents were mad at me so I have a right to be insulting to you because I'm mad"
"Because some things don't work out, my life is horrible and I'm dealing by *insert method*"

...Excuses. You make them, I make them, and guess what? Its not okay. Because this is life. I was thinking about this lately, and how we think we're justified to act this way. EVERYONE has problems. Not just you. And those people that we judge for their actions? Well, you're just like them.

There are tons of excuses that we can make every day. I justify yelling at my brother because I'm in "emotional pain". You justify your need to drink or smoke because you're stressed out about school. We all justify our actions without a thought to who might get hurt, because that's their problem for getting in your way when its so extremely obvious you're in a bad mood!

If you were to talk to people about what is actually going on, you'd realize that they're dealing with a lot too. They're probably even making excuses for themselves, excuses they expect you to understand. Whether or not you think their problems measure up to yours, whether or not their life sucks more, you have to accept that to them, it might be too much to even think about.

Life really sucks sometimes. Yours might be worse than most. But that is not a reason to make excuses about your actions when really, there are ALWAYS people worse off than you are, people who deal so much better with all of their problems. Which means you have no reason to lash out at yourself or others because you're stressed, upset, sad,or whatever.

This is LIFE. You can't make excuses for it. Things happen to everyone. So get over your excuses and go live.

Love from hanhan :]
P.S. I have no excuses. The way things have been going is not okay all the time, but I have no excuses for reacting and taking it out on any of you, or on myself. And I'm sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment