Monday, July 26, 2010

I'll remember you you ignorant pig.

You think I'll forget you? You who shaped who I am now, and affected my life so much? Fat chance.

I remember more people and things than you've ever even guessed. I remember my first day of preschool in Virginia, when I was afraid, but I thought it'd be okay because my best friend was in the class. I remember not being able to draw in the lines ever. I remember having a crush on this boy Kevin, and getting jealous when my friend Victoria talked to him. I remember my friend Emily getting saddle shoes, and then I got them too, because they were so cool. I remember when my teacher made me sit out of ballet because I missed my mom and wasn't behaving. I remember my brother's best friend's older sisters dressing me up like a doll, and I remember that I wasn't supposed to complain when they pulled my hair.

I remember my friend Amelia, who not only have the coolest name, but also always got the yummiest berries from the Shwan man, which her mom always gave us. I remember my friends all crying a week before we left for Hawaii. I didn't know why they were crying, because I still had a week left, which was like an eternity. I remember receiving an apology letter from my friend Brendan when I wasn't speaking to him because he wouldn't marry me. I remember when we left for Hawaii, we drove to California and went to Lego land, and I got a princess wand and my brother got a foam sword.

I remember our first house in Hawaii, and thinking the bamboo was so cool, and playing hide and seek in it. I remember 9/11, coming out of my room and seeing my mother crying even though it was her birthday. I remember seeing the TV show those planes crash over and over. I remember my best friend Grace, who was way older than me. She collected beanie babies, and we were going to write a book. She had the most beautiful green velvet dress she wanted to wear for prom one day. I remember having a big sleepover at my house with all my friends, and mom making us pancakes.

I remember The plays we were in. I remember being in the Julius Caesar skit, and not being able to keep from giggling because I was in love with the guy who was Caesar. I remembeer the girl who put geckos on her ears as earrings, and threw them in the pool when they were bad. I remember how excited I was to play Juliet, dance around the maypole, AND be a fairy in the big kids play. I remember a girl, I think her name was Erin, who was older, tell me how she though this guy Kazdan was cute, and then she made me promise not to tell. I remember the big metal things I used to climb on, and how hurt I was when this girl Brittany was mean to me. I remember meeting all these new girls, and the family with 12 kids in 2 hotel rooms for a year. I remember getting rollerblades and a scooter because everyone had them. I remember my first communion dress being my mother's, and being really short when everyone else's was long.

I remember NJ, living in the house on 34, my Shakespeare club, helping dad build the treehouse, my best friend Allison. I remember starting cheer, and how nervous I was and how I had no friends. I remember how proud I was when my Shakespeare club put on our play after I had arranged for the building and everything. I remember singing Ave Maria in Church, and shaking the whole time. I remember piano lessons. I remember Altar Serving. I remember our Pinecone wars. I remember So much more than that.

I'll remember you. I'll never forget how you affected my life. If I remember all this from before I was 12, I'll remember you, and everything you put me through. So don't tell me what I will and won't remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment