Monday, January 3, 2011

loveydoveyhuikjaf j.,

Love is four letters long in the writing, and a life time in the defining.
Love, noun. loved, lov-ing.
1. 1a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person.
2. a feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection, as for a parent, child, or friend.
3. sexual passion or desire.
4. a person toward whom love is felt; beloved person; sweetheart.
 
There are actually seven definitions in the dictionary I was using, but none of these seem to define the little word that apparently means everything to some people, and nothing to others.

Does love mean being willing to take a bullet for the other person? and would you know that (if that was the meaning) you'd be able to do that if you weren't ever put in the situation? Or is love something that should be extended to all people simply because they're human and everyone should be loved in some way? I know there are different types and degrees of love, but how do you express them? I throw the word love around a lot with my friends, I tell them I love them (I do), but I guess the way that you throw the word around effects the meaning, the more you say it the less it means. I really do love the people I say I love, I really do love everyone, even people I don't like, as silly as it sounds. 

Maybe, when we say love, sometimes we mean other things. We just use the word love because it encompasses:
Respect
Admiration
Liking
Being made happy by something/someone
Desiring
Tenderness
Passion
and a bunch more.

Anyone else have any thoughts? 
LOVE from hanhan :]
PS. Love is the four letter word that actually makes things better :3
PPS. I'm listening to french radio. What is my life?

No comments:

Post a Comment