Sunday, January 9, 2011

Look, through it all.

See? I'm smiling. 

This year has been a long and learning one. Its been an adventure, its been a teary mess, its been a crash course in life and love. I've laughed more than I've cried, and realized I hated frowning because why bother? I learned how to say no, and how to no be afraid of just trying things to see what happens. I've learned how to take care of myself, and my friends, and how to see who really is my friend. I adventured through uncharted territory, and became who I am, and I've learned to like her to an extent, and be comfortable with her.

I know that over the past few months, last year has been a recurring theme. Its been like a fascination of mine lately, since this isn't where I saw myself ever being. I used to be afraid to smile, to cut my hair. I used to be afraid to think too much, to say no, to do something not generally accepted by everyone, but I'm NOT anymore. I don't have to have a huge overwhelming amount of approval from a panel of 12 different friends to make decisions anymore. I've done a lot of growing up this year.


This day, last year, someone changed my life, for the worse they thought, but in reality, it was for the better. So, this is my public and formal thank you to him for everything he's led me too, whether he knew that he started this change in me or not. Because of it, I'm happy. Thank you. This year, I'd like to teach myself my life lessons though, if you don't mind.

Okay, bye.

LOVE from hanhan :D
(PS, see, I'm smiling still!)

No comments:

Post a Comment