Friday, August 20, 2010

living by it.

As a constantly screwing up, immature, ridiculous, and strange teenager, I can't quite presume to tell anyone how to live their lives, or really even give them advice on it. I can, however (because this blog that you're reading, it's mine. so deal with it ;]), mention some things that I feel have been a good thing in my life, and, if you so choose to also adopt them then...POWER TO YOU!

Smile.
I cannot stress this enough. it's beautiful and wonderful, and it'll improve everything.

Find the humor in things.
This ones a tough one, but at the end of the day, find a way to laugh about things. Or smile.

Everything happens for a reason, and it works out for the best.
I tell myself this pretty much everyday. Sometimes I forget it, but it does make things better to remember it.

Embrace imperfection, but strive to be your best.
Nobody is perfect. There's beauty in all things imperfect, if you look hard enough. No matter how you feel about yourself, you're amazing. This is not to say there's never space for improvement. We have to all try to be our best, but don't ever hate yourself, or anyone.

If you have an enemy, good for you.
Someone is jealous enough of you to try to make you look bad.

If you have an enemy, be even nicer to everyone, including them.
I don't care how bad it sounds, but everyone ends up liking you and they end up feeling stupid.

Be somebody you can admire.
Be unafraid, be beautiful, be fabulous, be shocking, be smart, be silly, be deep, be ridiculous, be argumentative, be magnificent, be better than you thought you could be. Be someone that can be looked up to. Remember, little kids, adults, peers, they can be touched by just a little bit aof your passion and be changed forever. Be a good change.

To thine own self be true.
To quote Polonius, Scene 3, Act 1, Hamlet by Shakespeare. Seriously. Be who you are. Don't let people tell you that you have to be and act a certain way. Individuality is not being afraid to act stupid sometimes. (By the way, if you feel the inexplicable urge to do terrible things and call that being true to yourself, I'd suggest you go to therapy because you are SERIOUSLY confused.)

Anyways, thanks for listening to me talk. Don't hate me if this doesn't work for you.

iloveyouguys,

hanhan :]

No comments:

Post a Comment