Wednesday, February 2, 2011

old.

I'm sorry to say this, because I feel like a horrible person, but my parents elderly friends make me want to cry.

They're so old. We call them our adopted grandparents, and my adoptive grandma needs an arm to walk with, and she shakes because of disease and decay. They just want to be loved and appreciated by a family, to have little grandkiddies running around and talking and listening to them, and they don't. Our society has shunned the elderly and I have no idea how to deal or communicate with them at all, and not for lack of trying on both of our parts.

You see, I'm good with people, generally. But an old man trying to take care of his sick sick sick wife all by hmself, when he's sick and shuffles around, and she doesn't even remember him half the time, its too sad. I can't be happy around them and it breaks my heart. No one should have to be that alone. Its sad, and not okay. But of course no one cares.

Of course.

Things are in such a sad state. Go society. Lets change it.

Love, Hope, and CHANGE,
Hanhan

No comments:

Post a Comment