Saturday, May 7, 2011

Dear Mom...

Dear Mom,

Thank you. Thank you for everything you've done for me. Thank you for :

  • Listening
  • Fighting 
  • Advice
  • Clothes
  • Tips
  • Being there
My mom is amazing, honestly. My mother has been there for me more than anyone ever, more than my friends. She's the only person who I let help me when I break down and can;t deal with things, she's always there to listen, no matter what. She makes me food, and reminds me to go for a walk so I don't get fat. She talks me out of bad fashion choices (not that her's are that great :]) by giving me her "look" and mentioning that, "Well, I wouldn't wear that...". My mother tells me things about when she was my age and older, stories that remind me that she's human, shows me that she trusts me, and that she knows what she's talking about. She's a strong and confident and beautiful woman. 

Before I was born, she was a Marine, and she fought in Desert Storm/Sand. She could run marathons, and do hundreds of situps, make good looking guys pretend to be her boyfriend just by asking, and she basically succeeded in life. I hope one day, I can be like her, strong, confident, happy, comfortable in my own skin. She's funny, witty, intelligent, strong in her faith and supportive. 

Without my mom's support, I probably wouldn't have written this blog, done half the things I tried, learned how to wear makeup appropriately, learned how to talk to boys and have an actual healthy relationship. I wouldn't have ever had the shoulder I needed to cry on, the stability and the trust in my life thats so necessary to my sanity. I would have been sad a lot more, and unable to function as much as I do. I wouldn't even be homeschooled if it wasn't for her support. She let me do what I wanted, and let me get hurt and learn from it, even when she knew it was going to happen, because I needed to learn it for myself. 

Dear mommy, I hope we have many years of Nanny reruns, Hallmark movies, walks, rosaries, old movies, stories, sharing, learning to cook, shopping (even though your hopeless<3), Singing loud and offkey together, laughing, hula hooping, talking in the laundry room, rants in the car, patience, happiness, and learning. You are the best ever, and I thank God everyday that I got you as my mother. 

My mommy and me 

1 comment: