Saturday, November 19, 2011

But monster's aren't real, right?

I sleep with the closet door closed. It has to be closed or I can't sleep.
I sleep with my bedroom door closed. It has to be closed or I cant sleep.
I sleep under a blanket at all times. All of me under it, including my face, or I can't sleep.
But monsters aren't real, thats just a story told to children to scare them into staying in bed.
Right?
One night I let my foot out of the blanket, just to see. 
I imagined (I think) a giant spider crawling all over it, up to my face, coming to sink its teeth into my-
I woke up crying, and put my foot back someplace safer, shaking under my blankets.
But monsters aren't real, right?
One night, I left my closet door open by accident.
I kept imaging the clothes as people, coming to get me, a monster to scare me, ready to scream-
I screamed and shut the door. I watched it the rest of the night.
But monsters aren't real, right?
Dark thoughts for a kid but the dark inspires them.
We do not fear the dark, but what is in it.
But monsters aren't real, right?

(an obnoxiously weird poem from a girl whose afraid to say she's afraid of the dark. and whats in it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment